You don’t need to pay a single dime for the overpriced Xbox Music pass (Groove pass) anymore because you can listen to your personal playlist directly on the Xbox One or Xbox 360 for free. You don’t even have to transfer your music from your PC/Smartphone to your Xbox One/Xbox 360 manually because you can now directly play it via the cloud. All you need is a OneDrive account.
You can perform the steps in this tutorial on your Windows PC, Windows tablet, or even on a Windows phone. We are using a Windows 10 PC for this tutorial with an Xbox One.
Follow the steps below to easily play your favorite music on the Xbox One or Xbox 360 for free.
1. First of all, open the “Music” folder in your OneDrive app. The OneDrive app is available on desktop and mobile Windows platforms by default.
2. Now, move all the songs that you want to the “Music” folder. This should be a simple copy/paste job.
3. Let the OneDrive app upload your song library to the cloud. This may take a little while. It mostly depends on the size of the library and your internet speed.
4. Once all the songs are uploaded. Just head over to the Groove app on your Xbox One or Xbox 360. All the songs should now be available in your “Collection“. Play them anytime you want without worrying about the music pass ever again.
You can even listen to your favorite songs while playing a game. You will have to snap the Groove music app on the side of the game for this to work. Microsoft is working on bringing this feature natively to the Xbox One so you don’t have to snap the app for listening to your music during gameplay. You can also vote for this idea to make them release sooner rather than later.
- Need for Speed and Unravel Available for Free in EA Access Vault - July 12, 2016
- Resident Evil 4 Coming to Xbox One This August - July 7, 2016
- Red Dead Redemption Finally Coming to Xbox One This Friday - July 5, 2016
- Xbox Live Avatars Getting Wheelchairs for Gamers with Disabilities - July 5, 2016
- How to Change Xbox One Background Easily - July 2, 2016